- What are the six sentence patterns?
- What are the 12 sentence types?
- What are 5 examples of simple sentences?
- What are 5 examples of compounds?
- How do you know if a sentence is simple compound or complex?
- What are the three types of compound sentences?
- What are the 10 compounds?
- What is a simple compound?
- What makes a complex sentence?
- What is a compound sentence for kids?
- How many different kinds of compound sentences exist in English?
- What are 10 examples of compound sentences?
- What are compound sentences 5 examples?
- What is compound sentences and examples?
- What is a good sentence for compound?
- What are the 4 types of sentence structures?
- What are 5 examples of compound complex sentences?
- What are the 10 examples of elements?
- What are some good sentence starters?
- What are some examples of compound words?
- How do you know if a sentence is complex or compound?
What are the six sentence patterns?
There are six basic or simple sentence patterns: Subject/Predicate, Action Verb.
Subject/Predicate, Action Verb/Direct Object.
Subject/Predicate, Action Verb/Adverb..
What are the 12 sentence types?
Week 12 sentence typesSentence Reported Speech Relative Clauses Simple SentenceCompound Sentence Complex Sentence.RELATIVE CLAUSES.Relative ClausesA relative clause is a special kind of subordinate clause whose primary function is as modifier to a noun or nominal .More items…•
What are 5 examples of simple sentences?
Examples of simple sentences include the following:Joe waited for the train. “Joe” = subject, “waited” = verb.The train was late. … Mary and Samantha took the bus. … I looked for Mary and Samantha at the bus station. … Mary and Samantha arrived at the bus station early but waited until noon for the bus.
What are 5 examples of compounds?
Compounds ExamplesWater – Formula: H2O = Hydrogen2 + Oxygen. … Hydrogen Peroxide – Formula: H2O2 = Hydrogen2 + Oxygen2 … Salt – Formula: NaCl = Sodium + Chlorine. … Baking Soda – Formula: NaHCO3 = Sodium + Hydrogen + Carbon + Oxygen3 … Octane – Formula: C8H18 = Carbon8 + Hydrogen18
How do you know if a sentence is simple compound or complex?
A simple sentence consists of only one clause. A compound sentence consists of two or more independent clauses. A complex sentence has at least one independent clause plus at least one dependent clause.
What are the three types of compound sentences?
Three methods of forming compound sentences There are three ways of joining independent clauses into a compound sentence: with a coordinating conjunction (one of the fanboys); with a semicolon; or. with a semicolon and a transitional expression.
What are the 10 compounds?
Here is the list of Chemical CompoundsCalcium Carbonate.Sodium Chloride.Methane.Aspirin.Potassium Tartrate.Baking soda.Acetaminophen.Acetic Acid.More items…•
What is a simple compound?
About Transcript. A simple sentence contains one independent clause. A compound sentence contains more than one! Put another way: a simple sentence contains a subject and a predicate, but a compound sentence contains more than one subject and more than one predicate.
What makes a complex sentence?
A complex sentence is a sentence that contains an independent clause and one or more dependent clauses. An independent clause can stand alone as a sentence, but a dependent clause even though it has a subject and a verb cannot stand alone.
What is a compound sentence for kids?
Compound sentences have more than one subject and more than one verb. They are two complete thoughts joined by a punctuation mark, usually a semicolon or a conjunction. … That means two independent clauses are two complete thoughts joined together. Let’s look at an example of a compound sentence.
How many different kinds of compound sentences exist in English?
When it comes to compound words, there are three different types that are important: closed-form, open-form, and hyphenated.
What are 10 examples of compound sentences?
Compound SentencesI like coffee. Mary likes tea. → I like coffee, and Mary likes tea.Mary went to work. John went to the party. I went home. → Mary went to work, but John went to the party, and I went home.Our car broke down. We came last. → Our car broke down; we came last.
What are compound sentences 5 examples?
Compound Sentences with Coordinating Conjunctions She did not cheat on the test, for it was the wrong thing to do. I really need to go to work, but I am too sick to drive. I am counting my calories, yet I really want dessert. He ran out of money, so he had to stop playing poker.
What is compound sentences and examples?
A compound sentence is a sentence that has at least two independent clauses joined by a comma, semicolon or conjunction. An independent clause is a clause that has a subject and verb and forms a complete thought. An example of a compound sentence is, ‘This house is too expensive, and that house is too small.
What is a good sentence for compound?
Compound sentence examples. I’m not sure we didn’t compound problems. Blinded by emotion, he made his way out of the underground compound without knowing where he went. A chill descended over the desert compound as the sun set.
What are the 4 types of sentence structures?
There are four types of sentences: simple, compound, complex, and compound-complex. Each sentence is defined by the use of independent and dependent clauses, conjunctions, and subordinators.
What are 5 examples of compound complex sentences?
2. Examples of compound-complex sentencesKate doesn’t like cartoons because they are loud, so she doesn’t watch them.The dog started barking so the cat ran away and I couldn’t keep up, so I stopped.She likes to sleep in but she can get up early if she has work.
What are the 10 examples of elements?
ExamplesH – Hydrogen.He – Helium.Li – Lithium.Be – Beryllium.B – Boron.C – Carbon.N – Nitrogen.O – Oxygen.More items…•
What are some good sentence starters?
3. Use Different Words to Order Events and Sequence Timeto be sure… additionally… lastlyeventuallynextfirst… just in the same way… finallyfinallythenbasically… similarly… as well asfirst of allsimultaneouslyafterwardto begin withsoonat firstin the first placewhile4 more rows•Jan 9, 2020
What are some examples of compound words?
Examples of Compound WordsCannotBaseballTogetherSunflowerCrosswalkBecomeBasketballMoonlightFootballRailroad8 more rows
How do you know if a sentence is complex or compound?
SummaryIf two clauses are connected with a coordinating conjunction, it’s a compound sentence.If two clauses are connected with a subordinating conjunction, it’s a complex sentence.