- How do you identify a complex sentence?
- Do you need a comma in a complex sentence?
- What are some examples of a complex sentence?
- What are 5 examples of compound complex sentences?
- What is a complex sentence structure?
- What are 10 examples of compound sentences?
- What is compound complex sentence and give examples?
- What are the three types of compound sentences?
- How do you join complex sentences?
- Are complex sentences bad?
How do you identify a complex sentence?
SummaryIf two clauses are connected with a coordinating conjunction, it’s a compound sentence.If two clauses are connected with a subordinating conjunction, it’s a complex sentence..
Do you need a comma in a complex sentence?
A compound-complex sentence contains two or more independent clauses and at least one dependent clause. Rule: When a sentence begins with a dependent clause that applies to two independent clauses that follow, insert a comma after the dependent clause, but do not insert a comma between the independent clauses.
What are some examples of a complex sentence?
Common Complex Sentence ExamplesBecause my coffee was too cold, I heated it in the microwave.Although he was wealthy, he was still unhappy.She returned the computer after she noticed it was damaged.Whenever prices goes up, customers buy less products.More items…
What are 5 examples of compound complex sentences?
2. Examples of compound-complex sentencesKate doesn’t like cartoons because they are loud, so she doesn’t watch them.The dog started barking so the cat ran away and I couldn’t keep up, so I stopped.She likes to sleep in but she can get up early if she has work.
What is a complex sentence structure?
A complex sentence contains at least one independent clause and at least one dependent clause. Dependent clauses can refer to the subject (who, which) the sequence/time (since, while), or the causal elements (because, if) of the independent clause.
What are 10 examples of compound sentences?
Compound SentencesI like coffee. Mary likes tea. → I like coffee, and Mary likes tea.Mary went to work. John went to the party. I went home. → Mary went to work, but John went to the party, and I went home.Our car broke down. We came last. → Our car broke down; we came last.
What is compound complex sentence and give examples?
A compound-complex sentence is comprised of at least two independent clauses and one or more dependent clauses. Example: Though Mitchell prefers watching romantic films, he rented the latest spy thriller, and he enjoyed it very much.
What are the three types of compound sentences?
Three methods of forming compound sentences There are three ways of joining independent clauses into a compound sentence: with a coordinating conjunction (one of the fanboys); with a semicolon; or. with a semicolon and a transitional expression.
How do you join complex sentences?
There are two methods for creating complex sentences. Both of these methods use subordinating conjunctions; one puts the independent clause first; the other puts the dependent clause first. A. Subordinating Conjunction + Dependent Clause + Comma + Independent Clause.
Are complex sentences bad?
There is nothing inherently wrong with long, elaborate sentences in English, and many of the best writers in English are known for using sentences of this type. However, the more complex your sentence is, the more difficult it will be for others to understand.